The Origins of Roulette
|1||The Origins of Roulette|
|2||How to play Roulette – The Supreme Roulette Cheat Sheet|
|3||The complete Roulette rules|
|4||Type of Roulette Games|
How are Roulette casinos different?
As of 2021, roulette is hypothetically more than 366 years old, but it could be even older than that in actuality. The origins of roulette was never completely understood or established. However, in this article we will be looking through the most popular and widely accepted beginnings of roulette, and its changes over the centuries.
The Humble Roots of Roulette
The practice of using a spinning wheel in roulette can be dated back to the Greco-Roman period, in which Roman soldiers would spin a chariot wheel to select a champion. The “game’s” system also featured an arrow which pointed to one of 10 winning spaces on the ground. Instead of a chariot wheel, the Greeks used a shield. Despite the alterations, the concept of the game itself stayed the same: the wheel or shield stopped and the marked space on the area in which the arrow stopped was believed to be the winning one.
Sometimes, the roulette wheel game is believed to be a merge of two popular games, which are:
- “Hoca” an Italian game; and
- “E-O”, an English Game (“E-O” translates to “Even” and “Odd”)
The Hoca game gained its fame in Europe in the mid-17th century. The game was so well-received that the Chief Minister of France, Cardinal Mazarin, opened casinos and promoted Hoca games with the intention of collecting money for the Treasury. There, the Hoca game was conducted on a spheroid table in which a ball was rolled. The players could gamble on any of 40 cups on the round table. The house cups were three out of the 40 cups marked with zero, this resulted in the house having a 7.5% advantage over the players.
Similar to Hoca, the “E-O” game was played in England. The “E-O” game also used a round table with 40 sections marked with “E” and “O” (which indicates Even and Odd): 20 of the sections were marked with the letter “E” and the other 20 were marked with the letter “O”. In addition, there were two bar spaces that won the entire bets for the casino. The “E-O” game had an apparent high house advantage but it was still extremely beloved by the casino players.
Blaise Pascal: The Creator of The Roulette Wheel and European Roulette
The Roulette wheel was the invention of Blaise Pascal, who was a French physicist, inventor, as well as mathematician. Originally, Pascal wasn’t attempting to create a casino game. In 1655, Pascal tried to create a perpetual motion machine.
A perpetual motion machine is a machine that is able to operate without using energy from an external source continuously. According to the laws of physics, perpetual motion is impossible; But as an inventor, Pascal was attempting to defy the odds. His experiment was not a success, but the process led to the creation of one of the most beloved casino games of all time.
The name of the game “Roulette” translates to “tiny wheel” in French, and would later evolve to be known as European Roulette. Initially, roulette was simply a game played in religious communities as a form of entertainment. However, the game was soon brought to all French casinos. At the time, the game was considered to be an entertainment for the wealthy and intelligent guests.
Casinos and The Rise of Roulette in Europe
The game of French Roulette managed to gain enough fame throughout Europe in the mid-1790s. Once its popularity grew as one of the more exciting casino games, roulette became so famous that we can often find mentions of roulette in European literature of their era.
Putting the 0’s in R-0-ulette Wheels
Did you know that the zero was not on the Roulette wheels until the mid-19th century? The Roulette wheel was created by Pascal, and the wheel remained the same for many centuries. All that would change when two men Francois and Lois Blanc designed a Roulette wheel with a single ‘zero’ on it specially for King Charles the 3rd of Monaco in the year 1842. The inclusion of zeros on Roulette wheels became a big hit as the ‘zero’ provided the house with a bigger house edge.
When the Mocano kingdom was facing money problems, King Charles built a casino and introduced the Roulette wheel to many people. The wheel would end up producing a mass amount of revenue for Monaco, and the roulette instantly became a significant symbol for Monte Carlo’s mass gambling culture. Additionally, the Roulette wheel with the single zero hit made Monte Carlo even more popular casino location around the same time when France outlawed gambling.
American Roulette: The Big Debut in the USA
Roulette would later on be brought and introduced to America through the French settlers in Louisiana. However, American roulette wheels are not as similar to the ones we come across in European casinos. It should be noteworthy that the American gambling community’s approach are different and these two reasons would contribute to explain why American roulette wheels are distinctive: –
- American gamblers and casino owners were equally unthankful towards the new single zero wheels
- Casino owners wanted a bigger house edge instead of the 5.26% edge they were provided by the classic, double 0 roulette wheels
Due to these beliefs, American roulette players continue to use the classic double zero roulette wheel, which is now known as the infamous American roulette wheel. This would also explain why roulette is not as well-received in America as it is in Europe.
Online Roulette: A Revolutionary Game-Changer
Roulette games today can be found in not just land casinos and other gambling establishments but they are also available on the Internet as well. With the opening of the first Internet casinos Gaming Club and InterCasino which debuted in 1995 and 1996 respectively. These dates were considered to be the revolutionary start for online roulette gambling.
Online roulette has changed a lot over the years and for the better. Although there were some issues with impartiality initially, they have been resolved now. Now players can win money in new variations of roulette as well as the traditional single-zero and double-zero roulette games that are available in both real and online casinos.
The introduction of online roulette also comes with other forms of the game, such as RNG roulette and live roulette. RNG roulette is sometimes known as virtual roulette, in which a virtual roulette ball will land in a number that was randomly generated by a computer. Live roulette
There are more and more players opting to play roulette games on the Internet nowadays, namely live roulette and RNG roulette. And this does not come off as surprising because there are a lot of advantages in online gambling; such as:-
- Playing roulette online is extremely convenient because you can play it at any place as long as there is Internet accessible
- You don’t have to dress formally or comply to the casino etiquettes, unless you are playing live roulette
- The game rules are available whenever you need them
- You can pause the game and resume back to the roulette table at any time (especially for RNG roulette)
- Online roulette games (such as Live Roulette) are much faster that real casino versions
- The players would have sufficient time to reevaluate their betting decisions and clear the bets if they need to
- Every money transactions can be made with a few clicks of the mouse
- You can play all online roulette games for free before betting with actual money
Regardless of which roulette games you choose to play, you can be utmost certain that you will be entertained from playing one of the most beloved games of fortune in the world.
The Ultimate Online Roulette Cheat Sheet: How to Play and Win
How to Play Online Roulette
1. Exchanging Your Value Chips
Before you play online roulette, you should first convert your cash to casino chips. To do so, you would have to place your money flat on the table when the dealer declares “place your bets”. Next, the dealer would ask you what value chips you wish to purchase, which can range from RM5, RM10 and RM25.
Often, you can choose any coloured chips that are all the commonly used casino chips. The common chips have a money value imprinted on them, and you can use these chips at any game in the casino. These coloured chips can be assigned at any value you want virtually. They are coloured especially to aid you in remembering which chips are yours on the roulette table.
2. Placing Bets in Offline and Online Roulette
If you are playing online roulette games, there will be all types of betting areas where you can place your chips. The only obstacle that will hinder you is the limitation of you placing the number of chips in the space available.
In an offline casino, if the roulette table is occupied with many players, it might be troubling to physically find a place to put your chips. You are spared off all the hassle if you are playing online roulette or at a live dealer game in an online casino.
3. Be Aware of the Online Roulette House Edge
Nothing comes for free, and usually the casino has to take its cut when the ball lands on zero on the roulette wheel. If you are playing American Roulette, you would notice that the american roulette wheel comes with two zeroes, and this in turn leads to the increase of the casino house edge. The zero and double zero are opposite to each other in the American roulette wheel and they are usually marked in green.
Interestingly enough, when you’re playing the online roulette version of the European roulette or the French roulette, you do not automatically lose when the ball lands on zero in the roulette wheel. Instead, the ball is considered as being “in prison” and your wager will remain fixed in position for another spin. If this spin fails to win, then all the chips and bets go to the casino. The online casino might gain profit when the ball lands on zero or double zero, but the players are still allowed to bet on this stance.
4. Strategizing Your Movements
If you’re the type who doesn’t like to take risks and want to play it safe, then you would want to avoid inside bets because these bets have the lowest chance of success. While you don’t need to remember all the successful odds and bet names of online roulette, it is good to have a framework of what your estimated return will be.
Do not place disorganized bets simply and hope for the best. You should master your roulette tactic and then make every spin count. By getting your strategy right, the winnings will be rewarding.
5. Estimating The Amount The Odds in Your Favour
There are two types of bets you can place while playing online roulette: the Inside Bet and the Outside bet. Outside bets have a better chance of winning as your odds are close to 50/50; while Inside Bets have great odds, they also come with bigger risks as well.
There are occasions when certain players would bet everything they have on a spin of the roulette wheel, and you can guess that they are putting all the bets on black or red. Alternatively, one can bet on “Evens/Odds” bets or “High or Low” bets (betting on the numbers 1 to 18/19 to 36), which provides the similar odds as betting on “Red or Black” but this is perceived as less idealistic of a gamble. Besides, “all on black” sounds a bit more assertive when placing a bet on online roulette.
Top Three Tips on How To Win Online Roulette
1. Always Bet on European Roulette
The house edge for European Roulette is significantly smaller as compared to the American version. You might never get the advantage of winning roulette, but you can limit the house edge of roulette games by avoiding American Roulette games.
2. Give French Roulette A Go
French roulette is a European roulette variant that has unique rules. These rules would benefit you in the field of roulette, so it’s worth playing French roulette.
One of the unique rules in French Roulette is the La Partage rule. This is because if the ball lands on a zero and if you lose an even-money bet, you will still receive half your bet back.
The second rule is the En Prison rule. If the ball stops in the zero pocket and you lose an even-money bet, your bet is held for another spin.
3. Be Aware of the Bets and Payouts in Roulette
One of the most interesting elements of roulette is that there are a wide range different bets you can make. All of these bets involve different levels of risk, with different odds of winning, and come with different payouts.
Here’s a quick list on the top three most popular bets made in online roulette games (RNG roulette and Live Roulette). The list will include the odds and payouts on European roulette: –
- Even Money Bets: If you bet on red or black, odds or evens, or high or low numbers, you can win even money (1:1). Even Money bets have a 48.6% odds of winning these bets.
- Dozen & Column Bets: In Dozens and Column Bets, you will have a 2:1 payout if you successfully make these wagers. Your chances of winning them are 32.4%.
- Single Number Bets: While Single Number Bets have only a 2.7% chance of winning, they do have a great amount of money if you win. In this bet, you will receive a 35:1 payout.
There are lots of other roulette bets. These are the most popular three, and if you’re a roulette beginner, you should stick with them until you feel you have the hang of the game.
The Complete Glossary of Online Roulette Terms
Whether you’re playing roulette online or offline, there are certain terminologies you might come across while playing the game. Here is a list of words and their definition you would find in playing roulette: –
- American Roulette: The version of roulette is one of the most commonly played in America and by other places. In this version of the game there are 38 pockets on the wheel numbered 1 to 36, along with a zero and a double-zero feature on its roulette wheel.
- Bet on the Layout: “Bet on the Layout” is a bet that can be placed anywhere on the numbers section of the table.
- Biased Wheel: A biased wheel is a roulette wheel in which not all numbers are as likely to win on a certain spin. There have been cases of roulette players scoring big wins in roulette, and these are the outcomes of exploiting biased wheels and wagering on the numbers that are more likely to win.
- Call Bets: Call bets are bets made by declaring the bet aloud without placing any chips onto the table. A lot of casinos do not allow true call bets. However, the casinos do permit announced bets, in which a player would declare out a bet and then immediately place the chips on the table to cover that wager.
- Column Bet: A column bet is a type of bet that is placed on one of the three available columns of numbers. A column bet pays 2 to 1.
- Croupier: A croupier is a casino employee who surveys the game at the roulette table. A croupier may also be known as the Dealer.
- Double Zero: A Double Zero is the space that is marked “00”, they can only be found on American roulette wheels. The American version of Roulette Wheels are also known as “double zero” wheels.
- Dozen Bet: A “Dozen Bet” is a placed wager on one of the three available groups of 12 numbers, which are: 1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36. A Dozen Bet pays out 2 to 1.
- En Prison: En Prison translates to “in prison” and is a French phrase and is often played in French Roulette. En Prison is a rule that applies to even-money wagers only. When the result of a spin is zero, certain online casinos will permit the player to either receive back half of their bet or leave it (in prison) for another spin. In the second spin, if the next outcome is zero, then the whole wager is lost.
- European Roulette: European Roulette is a version of roulette that can be often found in European and Asian casinos. In this version of the game, there is only one zero used, which limits the house edge. In addition, the en prison rule lets its players recover half of all even-money bets provided if the ball stops rolling at the zero pocket. These rules alter to provide European roulette a much lower house edge than American roulette.
- French Bets: French bets are wagers that cover selected physical sections of the roulette wheel. French bets are infamously played in European casinos, especially among high-paying gamblers. A player making a French bet is actually making several wagers in a go to cover all of the numbers in every wheel section.
- House Edge: A house edge is the mathematical advantage the casino has over the player. House edge is often expressed as the percentage of each bet, and it is expected that house edge will be used long term in many casino games. The house edge is 2.7% in a single zero roulette wheel.
- Inside Bets: Inside Bets are wagers made on the inner section of the roulette layout, where the numbers are printed onto the roulette table. Inside bets cover only individual numbers and small groups of numbers and payout at rather high odds.
- Marker: A marker is a device used by the croupier to mark the winning number after every spin. Players are not allowed to place new bets for the upcoming spin until the croupier has removed the marker from the roulette table.
- Mini Roulette: This is another version of roulette found in certain online casinos. In this game, there is a smaller wheel that comes with only 13 numbers (0-12), and the payouts are accordingly adjusted. When a spin lands in a zero, many Mini Roulette games return half of all losses, which makes the house edge similar to the built-in casino advantage in traditional roulette games.
- Orphelins: Orphelins is another bet that can be found and used in European casinos. Orphelins is a type of a bet on a specific group of numbers on a section of the roulette wheel which are next to the wheel, although orphelins are beside the layout.
- Outside Bets: Outside bets are bets made on the outside part of the roulette layout. Outside bets usually cover bigger sections of the roulette wheel and have a payout of lower odds. Many of the outside bets are even money bets, like red/black as well as odd/even.
- Pockets: In roulette, “pockets” refer to the areas of the roulette wheel in which the roulette ball might stop. Each pocket comes with a special number that can range from 1 to 36, and there is also a 0 pocket (and a double zero/00 pocket on an American roulette wheel). Half of the numbered pockets are coloured red, while the remaining half pockets are black-coloured, and the zeros are green coloured.
- Split: A split is a bet made that covers two adjacent numbers on the roulette layout, the players would place their chips on the intersection of two numbers. Traditionally, a split bet pays out at odds of 17-1.
- Straight Up: A Straight Up is a bet made on a single number, and the players would put their chips on the single number on the table layout. Usually, a Straight Up bet pays out at odds of 35-1.
- Street Bet: A street bet is made on a row of three numbers on the roulette table layout, and is conducted by placing chips on the edge of that row. A street bet often pays 11-1 odds.
- Wheel Checks: Wheel checks are the unique unmarked chips that are used on offline and online roulette tables specially.
- Zero: A ‘Zero’ is the space on a roulette wheel marked 0. Each roulette wheel comes with this “single zero” space, while American roulette wheels will also come with a double zero pocket.
The Complete Guide to Understanding Online Roulette Rules
The Structure of Online Roulette Games
The basic rules of roulette are fairly simple to comprehend, which are : –
- The player finds and sits down at a table.
- The player then places their bets.
- The croupier declares that all bets are in.
- The roulette wheel will start spinning.
- The ball stops when it lands on a number.
- If you win, you get to collect your winnings.
- If you lose, then your bet will be collected by the house.
The Layout of an Online Roulette Table
If you have ever played roulette online, live roulette, or in land-based casinos, you have likely seen the layout of the roulette table. If you are unfamiliar or are new to playing roulette, here is a brief structure of the roulette table: –
1. Colours of the Roulette Wheel
You’ll find that the pockets of a roulette wheel will have one of three different colours: –
- The numbers 1 to 36 are often displayed in alternate black and red colours
- The Zero (often found in European Roulette) and Double Zero (found in American roulette) are present and are often displayed in a green colored part of the roulette wheel.
With only a few colours used in the roulette wheel, it is easy to keep an eye as the wheel spins and this can explain why beginners are able to easily understand how to play roulette.
2. The Numbers and Sequence of a Roulette Wheel
The numbers on a roulette wheel range from 1 to 36. Varying on the type of roulette wheel you are playing, you will also find a 0 or even a double 00 in some of the roulette wheels too.
The sequence of numbers on a roulette wheel has little to do with their mathematical value. The sequences of the numbers are odd and even numbers, as well as red and black numbers are evenly distributed around the roulette wheel in an effort to ensure a fairer and more balanced game.
3. Roulette Pockets
Most roulette wheels have separators of the same height at both ends of each roulette pocket. Certain roulette wheels have roulette pockets that decline near the centre of the wheel, which can make it hard to determine where the ball might land sometimes.
4. Roulette Rotor
The roulette rotor is indefinitely one of the most important parts of a roulette wheel as it keeps your gameplay moving. The rotor ensures that the roulette wheel and its pockets are spinning at a consistent speed and helps to reduce the possibilities of any wheel bias during any roulette sessions.
5. Ball Track
The ball track of a roulette wheel is the “running field” for the roulette ball to move around when the wheel is spinning. The ball would eventually slow down when there is no centrifugal force sustaining the track, and the ball would fall into one of the pockets built into the roulette wheel. Hopefully, the ball might land a winning pocket for your bet.
6. Roulette Base
The roulette base is its outer shell. In many fancy land-based casinos, the roulette base would be wooden and come with a metallic interior to shield and protect the roulette rotor and other inner mechanics of the machine. The littlest flaws in a roulette base can impact the performance of a roulette wheel’s ball track.
7. The Random Number Generator (RNGs) in Online Roulette Games
Random number generators (RNGs) are computer data that produce random results for every spin of a virtual roulette wheel and can be commonly used and found in online roulette games such as RNG roulette and Live Roulette.
RNGs are not found or used in physical roulette machines that you would find in an offline casino. However, online roulettes as well as live roulette games in casino sites would implement RNGs to ensure the most trustworthy and straightforward action for casino players.
RNG systems are overseen by third parties, and ensures that the gameplay has been inspected by independent software providers for complete fairness to their roulette players online.
RNGs are also used in RNG Roulette (otherwise known as Virtual Roulette)
Online Roulette: Six Essential Table Etiquettes and Mannerisms to Remember
When it comes to playing at the online roulette table, here are some important Ps and Qs one should remember when playing at the casino: –
1. Tip the Roulette Dealer
It is common to tip the roulette dealer (croupier) after each session, regardless if it was an offline or online roulette.
The players will sometimes place a bet for the dealer. Unless otherwise, it’s widely accepted that a straight tip is preferred. However, if a player with a lucky streak feels like it’s a nice gesture (in which when the player bet on Red/Black Pair, or any one of the 3/1 markets) is allowed.
2. Formality and Dress Code
Certain casinos might make it mandatory for players to dress formally prior to being allowed to play offline and online roulette. The classier the casino, the more formal you should be dressed.
3. Common Online Roulette Courtesy
- It is important to make sure that you behave in a civil manner at all times.
- Do not knock over the other player’s chips at the table, and be polite to the other players and to the baccarat dealer.
- When playing in offline casinos, the players are allowed to drink, just not while playing on the table. Drunk and noisy clients can be asked to leave if they are bothering the other players.
- Last but not least, remember to have fun while playing online baccarat. Not only will you have a good time, but you will also be good company for the other roulette players.
4. Keep an Eye on Your Chips
Each player will be given their own individual color-coded chips during the online roulette game. The individualised chips are given to prevent player’s chips from becoming mixed up with one another.
You have to ensure that your own chips are separate from the other chips. You are not allowed to join chips together with other players to start a bet. You are playing roulette solo, and you need to make sure to keep it that way.
5. Pay Attention to the Dealer’s Announcement
Each player is given exactly one minute to place their bets onto the roulette table. Then, the dealer will spin the wheel before announcing “No more bets”. Once the dealer has declared, you must not insist on placing a bet.
At this point, you are not allowed to touch your chips between the time when the dealer announces “no more bets” and the payout time. If you touch your chips, you will be accused of cheating and be removed from the game as well as the casino.
6. Online Roulette games come with Minimum Bets
Minimum bets exist at each roulette table. Therefore, you should make sure that you have placed the correct number of chips down on the table to follow the overall minimum betting amount.
The Different Versions and Side Bets of Online Roulette
When you’re online, there are various versions of offline and online roulette you can play. There are 3 infamous types of online roulette, which are European Roulette, American Roulette and French Roulette. Additionally, you can also play the other variants of roulette, like Multiplayer roulette, Mini Roulette, as well as Live Roulette. In this article, we will be looking into these 8 common types of roulettes and how each one of them stand out on its own.
The Common Types of Online Roulette
1. European Roulette
Being one of the most universally played versions of roulette, the European Roulette is commonly played in land-based and online casinos. When it comes to the european roulette table, you have 36 regular numbers, divided in columns of 12, and sitting on top of the table is a single green zero.
While you have the 35/1 favor on hitting one of your numbers, the chances of winning are actually 36/1 when you add the green zero segment, as there are 37 sections overall. This is what provides the casino its built-in advantage.
You can bet a chip on the zero and resume at 35/1. But the crucial part is if zero comes in, then anyone who has bet on any other number, red or black, or odd or even, would lose their money.
2. French Roulette
French Roulette is one of the oldest forms of casino games, and is hence considered as the Queen of Casino Games. French roulette game is operated under the supervision of a croupier who places the little ball into the roulette wheel.
When playing French roulette, you will be putting your betting chips on a green playing field with the numbers 1 to 36, along with the number zero (0) printed onto it. It is possible to place your bets on single chances in French roulette. For instance, the bets can differ from rouge (red) and noir (black) numbers, pair (even) and impair (uneven) numbers, to even manque (the numbers 1 to 18) and passe (numbers 19 to 36).
While French roulette comes with fewer betting options, the players have an upper hand on French roulette. This is because if the green zero comes in, the players do not automatically lose their 50/50 bets.
Instead, depending on the rules played based on its region, these bets might be considered as La Partage. This means that the player would receive half of their losing 50/50 bet chips back if zero comes in.
On the other hand, there is also the En Prison rule when betting on French Roulette. In the En Prison rule, all the chips are secured and placed on red or black, or odd or even for one more spin. If you win the spin, you will get your chips back. If you didn’t win, there is always another day at trying out roulette.
3. American Roulette
American roulette is a variant of roulette that shares many similarities with French roulette. The main difference is that in American roulette the odds of ‘the house’ are bigger. Rather than having just the one ‘zero’ on the roulette wheel there is also a double zero. The sequence of numbering on this roulette wheel is also different from that on the French version. The numbers do have the standard colours that you are used to.
While the American roulette wheel is bigger, this roulette table is not necessarily better. From a player’s viewpoint, the odds of winning in American roulette are not looking good. Now you would still have 36 numbers to choose from. However, you also have the two zero segments as an obstacle. Therefore, your odds of scoring a number are now 37/1, which is a significant drawback.
Another distinctive difference to European Roulette is that while European roulette does not change the odds, the order of the numbers on the wheel is the opposite for American roulette.
4. Multi-Wheel Roulette
For players looking for a fast-paced roulette game, they can give multi-wheel roulette a try. As its name suggests, multi-roulette is the evergreen game of roulette in which the game itself can have up to 8 roulette wheels. If you have ever played multi-deck blackjack before, you will grasp the basic rules for the game.
The concept of multi-wheel roulette is to provide multiple betting opportunities on every round. Rather than having to restart each round, players can just choose how many wheels they would like to play at a time. Each roulette wheel functions as a different bet and will determine the relevant coin amount. Once the betting is done, each wheel will spin independently and produce a different outcome.
5. No Zero Roulette
No Zero roulette is perhaps one of the greatest innovations on the roulette market. No Zero Roulette does not have any Zero pockets on its roulette wheels, and hence this game doesn’t have any house edge.In this roulette variation, players can wager on 36 numbers, and this roulette game doesn’t come with as many risks as compared to playing any zero roulettes.
6. Mini Roulette
Mini roulette is a variation of roulette that is commonly played on a small wheel with only 13 pockets. These pockets feature the numbers 1 to 12, and zero. In Mini Roulette, the roulette wheel offers a 7.69% (1:13) house edge for the casino. Similar to French roulette, many mini roulette games come with the la partage rule. Hence, this variation of online roulette has a 3.85% house edge for even-money bets.
If the spin lands in a zero, the game would return half of the entire losses to the players, which makes the house edge similar to the built-in casino advantage in other roulette games. The mini version might not give you a great chance to win as compared to French or European roulette, but you would still have a better chance at winning mini roulette than the American roulette.
7. RNG Roulette
RNG (Random Number Generators) Roulette functions when a virtual roulette ball stops in a number that was randomly generated by a computer. Unlike Live Roulette in which the game is timed, RNG roulette is self-paced when it comes to the speed of the game. The player can adjust the speed of the game to their liking and their level of playing.
Another reason why RNG roulette is popular is that RNG roulette games enable the player to enjoy the roulette game with as much privacy as they would like, without interacting with others like the roulette dealer, the players and the croupier. With the implementation of the RNG system in online casinos, RNG roulette ensures fair game and the roulette results are not tampered in any way.
8. Live Roulette
Live Roulette is similar to playing a real casino game, and the game is conducted in real time as you can watch the action directly in front of you on screen. Unlike RNG roulette in which the players can adjust the game to their speed, Live Roulette is timed with a timer that counts down upon every spin.
Live Roulette provides you the realism and thrill of playing roulette you can experience in a physical casino. You have live roulette players from all over the world joining the game and a chance to socialize with other roulette players.
Top Three Types of Bets in Offline and Online Roulette Games
1. Inside Bet
Inside bets are all the potential wagers you can make for the inner section of the roulette table. For instance, placing your chip on a single number is considered an inside bet. Unlike outside bets, roulette inside bets provide a higher payout with a lower chance of winning.
Inside bets are more suitable for those who have a bigger bank roll and like to take more risks when playing. Now we will be looking into the 6 common types of inside bets: –
- Straight Up: A Straight Up Bet is a wager on any number. You can decide from 0, 1, 7, 13, and more. If the ball lands on your chosen number, then you win the wager. If the ball doesn’t land on your number, then you lose the bet. A straight bet has a payout of 35:1.
- Split Bet: A split bet is a double straight up bet when you place your bet on two adjacent numbers, which is between the numbers, such as 13 and 14. The winning payout for this bet is 17:1.
- Street Bet: A street bet is a wager in which there are three numbers appearing in a row and the bet is placed at the end of the row. For instance: 3,4,5. A winning payout for street bets is 11:1.
- Corner Bet: This type of inside bet is quite similar to Street bet, the only difference is that you will be betting on four numbers at a time instead of three. Hence, this bet contains a group of four numbers where the wager is placed on the corner to where the four numbers touch each other. A corner bet has a winning payout of 8:1.
- Five Bet: A Five Bet is a wager that involves the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. This bet is placed just at the corner beside 0 and 1. Since this inside bet involves wagering on 00, this bet can only be applicable on American roulette tables. A winning payout for five bets is 6:1.
- Line Bet: A line bet involves two rows that consists of 3 numbers each. A line bet is placed by the end of the two rows and between each other. A winning payout for a line bet is 5:1.
2. Outside Bet
For beginners, roulette outside bets come with a lower payout at winning but they come with better winning chances. For players new to roulette, opting for outside bets seems like a good betting strategy for you.
One of the advantages of outside bets is that you can take advantage of the “la partage”cand the “en prison” rules. These rules provide you the opportunity to earn some of or even all your money back whenever the roulette wheel spins and the ball lands on zero. Outside bets can help boost the player’s edge when trying to win.
Roulette outside bets are based on a wider category of numbers. Therefore, you will be wagering on a certain specific number. Now we will be looking into five of the most common types of outside bets you can find in online roulette.
- Column Bet: This outside bet uses 12 numbers in a column. Since Column Bet involves 12 numbers in a row, the numbers cover almost ⅓ of the wheel. Column Bet comes with a winning payout of 2:1. The odds for winning European roulette is 32.4% while American roulette comes with a winning odds of 31.6%.
- Dozen Bet: This outside bet enables you to wager on 12 numbers per spin. The dozen bets would include the “1st 12” box (for the numbers 1 to 12), the “2nd 12 box” (for the numbers 13 to 24) or “the 3rd 12” box (for the numbers 25 to 36). The winning payout for Dozen Bet is 2:1. The odds for winning Dozen Bet in European roulette is 32.4% while American Roulette comes with 31.6% odds.
- Colour Bets: Colour bets incorporate all of the numbers that are either black or red, and the wager is made on either all the red numbers or all of the black numbers. A winning payout for colour bet is 1:1. This outside bet is relatively easy and would be suitable for new players.
- Low/High Bet: Low/High Bet is an outside bet where you choose either all the low or high numbers and place your chips on the numbers 1 to 18 or the numbers 19 to 36, which takes up about half the numbers on the entire roulette wheel. A winning payout for High/Low bet is 1:1.
- Odd/Even Bets: This outside bet covers the wagering of either all of the even or odd numbers of the roulette layout. Odd/Even bets come with a winning payout is 1:1. Odd/Even bets have a winning odds of 48.6% for European roulette, whereas American Roulette have a winning odds of 47.4%. It is important to remember that the 0 and 00 slots are not part of the Odd/Even bets. Therefore, you will not win the bet if the ball lands on 0 or 00, unless you’re playing the outside bet on a French or European roulette table.
3. Side Bets
Perhaps everyone of us has played roulette and its many bets at one point. It can be tiring and draining to remember all of roulette’s bets and probabilities. This is where side bets come in handy as they spice up the excitement of roulette. Here are a few side bets known in roulette: –
I. Lucky Ball Roulette
The Lucky Ball Roulette is a side bet that has a betting area allowing its players to bet on its 4 sections of different colours. The colours may differ based on the casino, but one thing that’s consistent among these side bets is that all the four sections generally have different payouts that ranges from 6:1 to 120:1. Once players have placed their bet on the selected sections, reach sections will assign to the players different numbers. If the ball stops on a section’s number, bets made for that section will be won and players are rewarded accordingly.
II. GOAL! Roulette (Single-Zero Roulette)
GOAL! Roulette is a thrilling side bet that is inspired from international football (otherwise known as American soccer) and is created specifically for Single-Zero Roulette. The GOAL! Roulette side bet is activated if the outcome is a zero or the ball lands on two consecutive numbers and is only eligible if the player has placed a bet on the side bet.
When the side bet is activated, the player will be asked to choose a team: either the red or black. After choosing, each session will last for three spins with a possible fourth spin. With each result, depending on the black or red result and the number of the slot the ball landed in, the ball will move left or right. When the ball moves toward the red team’s goal, the red number wins. When the ball moves towards the black team’s goal, the black number winsl. The amount of yards acquired will determine the winning number.
The location of the ball after the third spin will decide the winning (either Red or Black) team. If the ball is within a set distance from the ‘Goal’ line, a shot on the goal is rewarded and both teams can boost their wins. There are four various pay table variations available for this side bet.
III. Roul 8
The Roul 8 is a side bet that uses three infinity dice that has five blank sides and one side with an infinity symbol. Whenever the roulette table spins, the dice are also shaken by either a hand or inside a special device. Depending on whether or not the roulette ball lands on an 8 and the displayed symbol of the infinity dice after being tossed, there are various payouts for each outcome. The odds for winning Roul 8 can differ from 0:1 to 888:1.
Top Six Elements in Choosing Reliable Online Roulette Sites
Since 1995 with the creation of the very first online casino, more and more gambling establishments have kept up with the times and flourished online. With online casinos, one can easily access and play various casino games on the sites, ranging from live roulette, RNG roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and more.
When it comes to online roulette games, there are generally two types: RNG (Randomized Number Generator) roulette and live roulette. RNG roulette enables players a flexible game pace as the game pace accommodates to the player’s level of understanding. Live Roulette provides a real life experience of gambling with several features, like live-chat and the most up-to-date technology.
With the growth of casino sites, there are some crucial factors to take into consideration when going online to play casino games. Now, we will be looking into the six most important elements for choosing online roulette sites.
1. Casino Licensing
One of the first factors one should consider is the credibility of the casino site, such as the site’s licensing details. It is mandatory for all reputable online gambling establishments to be properly registered with an independent licensing body based on the country you live in. It is important for you to do your research to ensure that the potential online roulette sites you are interested in are properly licensed.
2. Compatibility for Multiple Devices
When it comes to choosing a suitable online roulette site, another factor to consider is to make sure that the casino site is compatible for various mobile devices. Players should expect a great user friendly experience of playing roulette on their phones as well as their desktops. If you are unsure of which mobile casino sites to choose from, you can read online reviews of the different options and decide which ones have the greater multi-device compatibility.
3. Reliable Software Providers
There are many software providers that produce various online roulette sites these days. With the aid of leading software providers on the casino establishments, roulette sites like RNG roulette and Live Roulette would come with high quality visuals, excellent gameplay and performance. With that being said, there are some key things to remember when choosing an online site so you can sit back and relax on a session of roulette online: –
- Read the online reviews of any potential casino sites if their software provider has a good reputation
- Reconsider each of the potential software providers, and make sure that the look and stimulation of the roulette games accommodate your liking and preferences.
4. Banking Options
Another most critical factor when choosing an online roulette site is if the site has good banking options for its players. What is the point of gambling online if you don’t get rewarded money when you win?
You can observe from your potential online casino choices if they have various types of payment forms you can utilize when making deposits. If you are someone who is interested in Bitcoin deposits, you should make sure that the online casino site accepts cryptocurrency.
Next, you should pay close attention to the withdrawal options from the online casino site, as well as how long it generally takes for the money to be deposited to your account and what are the fees associated with the casino site.
5. Betting Limits
Another key element for choosing an online roulette site is to consider the betting limits. Certain online casino sites tend to take lower betting limits, whereas other sites are aimed more towards the high paying players. Therefore, you should make sure that the online roulette site(s) that you pick would fit your betting limit needs and provide a bit more room to grow as you increase your bankroll while playing roulette.
6. Private Tables for Players
Certain online casino sites enable their live roulette players to play at a public table; whereas others might be invested in playing at a private table. If you are looking for an online casino or a live roulette site and enjoy your privacy in gaming, you should check if the website you are looking for provides private roulette table options for gamers. Private tables allow players to enjoy your privacy and make it enjoyable for your own table and roulette dealer.
Overall, there are a number of important factors one should take into consideration when choosing an online roulette site that offers a user-friendly experience to its players. Therefore, it is important to keep these six elements in mind the next time you are looking for a casino site for a good game of online roulette.